Here is my list of things that I want to do in 2011. They’re not in order of importance or anything like that.
1.** Win a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament. **I didn’t compete in bjj in all of 2010 and haven’t been in a tournament since I lived in Myrtle Beach. I really haven’t found the time to train consistently, but that changes in 2011. I’m going to train my butt off to win a NAGA or Grapplers Quest.
Be a better son. Even two years after my parents divorce, there’s still a lot of tension between them. I know I can be a better son and have a good relationship with both of them.
**Be a better brother. **My younger brother is in the military (currently stationed in Georgia), while my younger sister is still in grade school. It’s a matter of making time to talk each week and waking up early to catch my sister play basketball on Saturday morning.
5.** Hangout in LA.** I don’t really know what my fascination is with Los Angeles and California. It might be the culture, that it’s a breeding ground for startups, or the weather. But, I need to check it out.
7. Take it to the next level. In 2011, we need to meet our goals at Gift Card Rescue and go beyond it. Show the world how you can build a profitable start-up without giving away all of your equity. Talk is cheap, so I’ll blog about this in 2012.
8. Network, network, network. If I want to be the face of something, well then I’m going to have to start showing my pretty face.
9. Start a charity / community. In case you didn’t know – I’m adopted from South Korea. I think that I would be a good role model for adoption and I would like to reach out and help others. I bought the domain adoptedkid.org and will develop it into something.
10. Make someones day. I want to do something really special for someone else. Whether it’s a family that’s been hurt by tragedy or helping a friend that’s hanging off the edge of a cliff. I’ve been extremely blessed in my life and I want to pay it forward.
11. New stories with new people, places, and things. In 2010 I grew up. I learned who I am, what I want to do, and how quick things can change. In 2011, I want to make the most out of every experience. So I’m going to take the Yes Man attitude, and hopefully find a Zooey Deschanel along the way.
Subscribe to Ben Hebert
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox